THE EMPLOYMENT LAW SEMINAR
The Nation’s Leading Seminar on Federal and State Employment Laws and Regulations
The number of EEOC lawsuits is at a record high and the DOL has hired 300 new Wage & Hour investigators! Don’t be a statistic. Make sure you are in compliance with all the FEDERAL and STATE employment laws and regulations, including the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the Revised I-9 Form and major revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act and the Family & Medical Leave Act. Plan now to attend this comprehensive, nationally recognized one-day seminar.
IN JUST ONE DAY YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to comply with Federal and Your State’s Civil Rights, Wage & Hour and Labor laws
- Who is “exempt” from overtime and who is ”non-exempt” under the Fair Pay Act guidelines
- Five steps to take to virtually eliminate your vulnerability to EEO lawsuits
- How to avoid Employment-At Will, Wrongful Discharge, and Sexual Harassment problems
- How to comply with the newly revised AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT regulations
- What accommodations must be made for applicants and employees under the ADA
- When is an employee’s absence from work protected by the FMLA, and when is it not
- What is required by the newly revised FMLA regulations – including new Military Leaves
- What questions are legal and illegal to ask during interviews or on application forms
- How to conduct an effective background check, including checks on criminal backgrounds
- What are the most common overtime mistakes – and how to avoid them
- Can you require your employees to work overtime – and discipline those who won’t
- Are you required to provide rest breaks, lunch breaks or smoke breaks
- How to legally discipline and discharge employees who have a “Bad Attitude”
- When can you require employees to “Act Happy”
- How Handbooks, Policy Manuals and Performance Reviews can be used against you
- Employee Dress Codes – What you can and cannot require
- When can you legally require drug and alcohol tests
- How to comply with the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act
- How the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act dramatically changes H/R recordkeeping requirements
- How to conduct and document effective disciplinary interviews that will stand up in court
- What to do if an employee refuses to sign a written warning
- How to use our “Termination Checklist” to make sure a discharge is legally defensible
- How to fight unjustified unemployment and workers’ compensation claims – and win!
- How to comply with the revised COBRA and HIPAA regulations
- How to handle cell phone, e-mail, internet and social networking problems
- HOW TO GET ALL YOUR FEDERAL AND STATE LABOR LAW POSTERS – FREE!
FREE BONUS: Summary of What Employers Need to Know About OBAMACARE!